It’s quite nerve-racking entering the show ring, whether you are a seasoned professional or amateur rider. When you think of how many hours and how much effort it takes to get there, and the pressure we put on ourselves to avoid failure.
But failure we believe is positive because you have something to work with, something to learn from and to continue to build on.
Horses are animals at the end of the day and much like us they have good and bad days, but as riders, we should try and set up for success.
This can be done as follows: -
- Training – a good balance of training, at home and away, to give a positive experience for both you and your horse
- Checking your equipment is right for your horse, the right bit, bridle & saddle can make a significant difference to a horse, so play around with what works
- We are great advocates for working with a good equine physio, think of your horse as an athlete they would see a physio, so why not your horse?
- Other things to consider, does your horse become distracted whilst in the show ring, there are so many things going on, it’s hardly surprising and here is where we have some products that may help to maintain focus.
Woof Wear Noise Cancelling Ear Bonnet
Designed to reduce distracting noises during everyday schooling and competition to ensure your horse remains focused on the job at hand.
- Ears contain acoustic foam for noise cancellation.
- No pressure point design.
- Soft, breathable fabric mesh to keep the horse cool.
- Subtle design to enhance your favourite browband.
- Competition legal.
Synovium® CALMINGARD contains natural ingredients in a unique gel formula. The natural ingredients all have proven calming effects and has been carefully developed by the Synovium vets.
Calmingard does not sedate but provides focus, concentration and an all-round calmer horse for better performance.
This product does not test on doping and comes in a practical syringe for easy oral application
The box contains 5 x Syringes (10ml each) Dose 1 hour before desired effect.
SYNOVIUM CALMINGARD ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review
Sophie Quinton – This is by far the best calmer I have ever used on my horse! He’s a 19 year old section D x tb who finds life far too exciting! But thanks to the calmingard syringes he is a different horse. He used to be very stressy at a show and trying to get him ready would be a nightmare, he would try and nip, he wouldn’t stand still and was just generally not nice to be with! Then in the ring he would often buck into canter or an extension and threw away a lot of wins by doing this. But since using the calmingard he is calm, quiet and not stressy. He stands still when getting him ready, is generally a lot nicer to be with and never throws in a buck but he still has plenty of presence and performance to do the job! We’ve had some amazing results since using this!!